Austin trails

Austin trails

Sunday, May 29, 2016

geeking out

I love my technology. I love coming home from a run and looking at my numbers like pace, heart rate, elevation etc. I have been using my endomondo app on my Windows Phone lately, but it doesn't have a heart rate monitor. Prior to that I have used a Garmin 310x and 305, but sometimes they decide not to work. So here is my new awesome watch. It is a Garmin 235 with a wrist heart rate monitor. No more chest strap. It's pretty flashy so I like wearing it even when I'm not running. I'm learning more and more about it's features.

One thing I'm trying to get better at is running my easy runs easy. In order to keep my heart rate down in the easy zone I have to run really really slow. It is pretty hard especially with all the hilly trails I am running on. This is something I really need to work on if I'm going to be running a lot and for very long.


Our desert is still blooming. Here are some more pictures of our run on Saturday.







2 comments:

  1. You gadet gal! You always find the coolest gizmos. I love all the flowers and that dad has running buddy...an antler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete