Austin trails

Austin trails

Saturday, May 7, 2016

wildflowers

The rewards of a wet spring are myriads of intricate and beautiful desert wildflowers. Today's run was 13 miles with 2000 feet elevation gain. I took time to capture the beauty of the day, which is probably what I should do more often. Here are a few of the flowers I came across. Some I know the names of and some I don't.

Claret cup cactus

 Evening Primrose

Sand Lily

Phlox

Native trash


Buck brush (Cliff Rose)

Gus is reading the wilderness sign


Mistaken Penstemon

Buckwheat

Silver Lupine

Cockscomb Cryptanth

My new hydration pack that I got for my birthday


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! The "native trash" made me laugh out loud. Mistaken penstemon?! What a name for such a pretty flower. And 2000 feet elevation gain? Good grief! I'd stop at every wildflower too! I know that's not your typical routine, but I'm sure glad you stopped to smell the roses. I think the cactus is my favorite. We saw some flowers that I think we're lupine on our hike in Saturday. I'll post a picture. I had to tell Oakley to stop picking them.

    ReplyDelete